text entering/editing in macOS 10.13.4 High Sierra

text entering/editing in macOS 10.13.4 High Sierra

Ke Li
Dear all,

I recently upgraded to macOS 10.13.4 High Sierra and was not able to enter
or edit text in the ImageJ dialog box. Using ImageJ bundled with Java
1.8.0_101 as suggested (https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/docs/install/osx.html)
didn't solve the problem. Did anyone have the same problem and know how to
resolve that? Thank you in advance and any suggestion is appreciated.

Ke

Re: text entering/editing in macOS 10.13.4 High Sierra

James Harris
Dear Ke,

I am running the latest version of ImageJ on High Sierra bundled with Java 1.8.0_161-b12, without any problems. So perhaps you could try a newer / later version of Java? Don’t know if this would help but good luck — Jim.

> On 6 Apr 2018, at 19:14, Ke Li <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I recently upgraded to macOS 10.13.4 High Sierra and was not able to enter
> or edit text in the ImageJ dialog box. Using ImageJ bundled with Java
> 1.8.0_101 as suggested (https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/docs/install/osx.html)
> didn't solve the problem. Did anyone have the same problem and know how to
> resolve that? Thank you in advance and any suggestion is appreciated.
>
> Ke

Re: text entering/editing in macOS 10.13.4 High Sierra

Ke Li
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply. I just realized my ImageJ is still running with Java
1.6.0_65 although I downloaded it through this link ImageJ bundled with
Java 1.8.0_101 <http://wsr.imagej.net/distros/osx/ij150-osx-java8.zip>Not
sure what the problem is. I also tried to manually install Java 1.8.0 but
did not succeed.

Ke

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 2:02 PM, James Harris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Ke,
>
> I am running the latest version of ImageJ on High Sierra bundled with Java
> 1.8.0_161-b12, without any problems. So perhaps you could try a newer /
> later version of Java? Don’t know if this would help but good luck — Jim.
>

> > On 6 Apr 2018, at 19:14, Ke Li <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I recently upgraded to macOS 10.13.4 High Sierra and was not able to
> enter
> > or edit text in the ImageJ dialog box. Using ImageJ bundled with Java
> > 1.8.0_101 as suggested (https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/docs/install/osx.html)
> > didn't solve the problem. Did anyone have the same problem and know how
> > resolve that? Thank you in advance and any suggestion is appreciated.
> >
> > Ke

Re: text entering/editing in macOS 10.13.4 High Sierra

Jerome Mutterer-3
Hi Ke,

I also encountered this issue with the machine of one user, and could have
ImageJ start with the system Java 1.8 by copying ij.jar from
ImageJ.app/Contents/Java/ij.jar back into the ImageJ folder and then
launching ImageJ by double clicking on ij.jar.

Jerome.

> Hi Jim,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I just realized my ImageJ is still running with Java
> 1.6.0_65 although I downloaded it through this link ImageJ bundled with
> Java 1.8.0_101 <http://wsr.imagej.net/distros/osx/ij150-osx-java8.zip>Not
> sure what the problem is. I also tried to manually install Java 1.8.0 but
> did not succeed.
>
> Ke
>
> On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 2:02 PM, James Harris <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Dear Ke,
> >
> > I am running the latest version of ImageJ on High Sierra bundled with
> Java
> > 1.8.0_161-b12, without any problems. So perhaps you could try a newer /
> > later version of Java? Don’t know if this would help but good luck — Jim.
> >

> > > On 6 Apr 2018, at 19:14, Ke Li <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > I recently upgraded to macOS 10.13.4 High Sierra and was not able to
> > enter
> > > or edit text in the ImageJ dialog box. Using ImageJ bundled with Java
> > > 1.8.0_101 as suggested (https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/doc
> s/install/osx.html)
> > > didn't solve the problem. Did anyone have the same problem and know how
> > > resolve that? Thank you in advance and any suggestion is appreciated.
> > >
> > > Ke
> > >
> > > --

Jerome Mutterer
CNRS - Institut de biologie moléculaire des plantes
12, rue du Général Zimmer
67084 Strasbourg Cedex
www.ibmp.cnrs.fr

Re: text entering/editing in macOS 10.13.4 High Sierra

Wayne Rasband-2
> On Apr 9, 2018, at 12:37 PM, Ke Li <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Jim,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I just realized my ImageJ is still running with Java
> 1.6.0_65 although I downloaded it through this link ImageJ bundled with
> Java 1.8.0_101 <http://wsr.imagej.net/distros/osx/ij150-osx-java8.zip>Not
> sure what the problem is. I also tried to manually install Java 1.8.0 but
> did not succeed.

You probably encountered the macOS path randomization “feature" described in the 4th paragraph of the installation notes at

    https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/docs/install/osx.html

-wayne