release notes of older releases in release-notes

release notes of older releases in release-notes

Carnë Draug
Hi

The source releases of ImageJ have 'release-notes.html' which mentions
the changes for that release.  However, the changes for previous
releases are not included.  Those are useful because one may be
upgrading from a much older release and is interested on finding what
has changed since.

I am aware of the online page all-notes [1] which does have this
information so this is already being done somewhere else.  Would it be
possible to include in the source releases?  This would simplify my
life when packaging ImageJ for Debian.

Thank you

Carnë

[1] https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/all-notes.html

Re: release notes of older releases in release-notes

Wayne Rasband-2
> On Jun 19, 2018, at 12:44 PM, Carnë Draug <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> The source releases of ImageJ have 'release-notes.html' which mentions
> the changes for that release.  However, the changes for previous
> releases are not included.  Those are useful because one may be
> upgrading from a much older release and is interested on finding what
> has changed since.

Starting with the 1.52e4 source release, the "release-notes.html” file includes changes back to the most recent “a” release, or 1.52a for the current release. The imagej.nih.gov/ij/all-notes.html file, which goes back to 21 years (!!), is too large to include.

-wayne