imageJ trouble in measurement of intensity pattern

imageJ trouble in measurement of intensity pattern

Adrián Villalba
Dear all,

I have two different types of images, in one i have a peripheral pattern of
high intensity in green (Ex1.tiff) whereas in the other the intensity is
homogenous along the area (Ex2.tiff).

I would like to know if there is any approach to demonstrate that in a
quantitative manner in imageJ. I previously used Set Measurements>Intensity
and comapre IntDen parameter, but i think it is not a good idea because it
does not depend on the localization of the intensity cluster.

Do you know if imageJ has any tool to do demonstrate this qualitative
assesment into a quantitative manner?

Thank you very much in advance,

--

   - Adrián Villalba Felipe.
   https://es.linkedin.com/in/adrianvillalba

Ex 1.tiff (1M) Download Attachment
Ex 2.tiff (1M) Download Attachment

Re: imageJ trouble in measurement of intensity pattern

Straub, Volko A. (Dr.)
Hi Adrian,

How about defining a line or narrow rectangle that spans the structure of interest? You could then do a line profile plot along that selection and calculate the ratio between the edges and the centre of the structure. Alternatively, as your structures of interest appear to be pretty circular, you could compare the intensity in a series of concentric rings that are centred on the centre of the structure.
I am not aware of a pre-existing tool, but it wouldn't be difficult to write a short macro that prompts the user to create a selection to indicate the structure of interest and then automatically create either a line or ring selection based on this information to carry out the measurements.

Just some thoughts, not sure if this answers your question.
Volko

Re: imageJ trouble in measurement of intensity pattern

Jan Eglinger
Hi Adrian,

maybe the Radial Profile Tool helps here:
https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/plugins/radial-profile-ext.html

Jan