help for IMAGE J / quantification on steel surface

help for IMAGE J / quantification on steel surface

Guillaume Fichet
Hello, I would like to quantify what is left on the surface after treatment
of the steel blade. I tried to use the gel analysis but it's not
conclusive,

thanks for the help

look forward reading from you soon,

best regards

Guillaume Fichet, PhD
Paris, France

=?UTF-8?B?Q2FwdHVyZSBk4oCZZcyBY3JhbiAyMDE3LTEyLTA0IGHMgCAxNC41MS40MC5qcGc=?= (1M) Download Attachment

Re: help for IMAGE J / quantification on steel surface

Herbie
Bonjour Guillaume,

please be more specific about what exactly you want to analyze. The
posted screen shot is insufficient. Area of what exactly.

The sample image "IMG_2651" is not taken in a convenient fashion. Avoid
spatial distortions and illumination gradients. Use diffuse illumination.

Why not acquire the plates separately?

Don't use JPEG-compression!

Regards

Herbie

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Am 22.12.17 um 11:12 schrieb Guillaume Fichet:

> Hello, I would like to quantify what is left on the surface after treatment
> of the steel blade. I tried to use the gel analysis but it's not
> conclusive,
>
> thanks for the help
>
> look forward reading from you soon,
>
> best regards
>
> Guillaume Fichet, PhD
> Paris, France

Re: help for IMAGE J / quantification on steel surface

Guillaume Fichet
ALL

I have original steel blade, blade contaminated with blood and blade contaminated AND treated by different detergents,

the goal is to quantify compare to the control the part of blood removed from the surface,...

thanks for help!!

GF, Phd

Re: help for IMAGE J / quantification on steel surface

Herbie
Guillaume,

thanks for the images with explanations!

As I've written before, you need to drastically improve the image
acquisition process and I recommend to use a repro-stand with
repro-illumination.

In any case you need to avoid perspective distortions and you need to have
the same imaging scale otherwise reasonable measurements are near to
impossible. Furthermore, you need to avoid specular reflections which is
best achieved by highly diffuse illumination. As mentioned before uneven
illumination is also a great problem for reasonable image evaluation.

I recommend to take pictures of well- and reproducibly positioned _single_
plates.

Please optimize your image acquisition process, then we can discuss the
evaluation procedure.

Regards

Herbie

--