file opening strangeness

Aryeh Weiss
I have two files, named as follows:

R13L-S2-5_X20_ZOOM1_Z_CONTROL.oir

R13L-S2-5_X20_ZOOM1_Z.oir

They are different images. However, if I open
R13L-S2-5_X20_ZOOM1_Z.oir
by drag and drop or File>Open...
R13L-S2-5_X20_ZOOM1_Z_CONTROL.oir
will open.

If I change the name of R13L-S2-5_X20_ZOOM1_Z.oir (eg, to
R13L-S2-5_X20_ZOOM1 Z.oir or any other single letter change), hen  the
correct image opens.

This does not happen with tif files.

What gives?

--aryeh

--
Aryeh Weiss
Faculty of Engineering

Ph:  972-3-5317638
FAX: 972-3-7384051

Re: file opening strangeness

Aryeh Weiss
Hi Sebastien,

Thank you for your reply. I uploaded the two files.
My bio-formats is updated by the update site through fiji. Looks like it
is now 5.8.2.

Best regards
--aryeh

On 02/07/2018 17:04, Sebastien Besson (Staff) wrote:

> Hi Aryeh,
>

> which version of Bio-Formats are you using? Reading it, it seems like
> this could be a bug related to the Olympus OIR multi-file support
> introduced in Bio-Formats 5.8.0.
>

> How big are your sample files? If smaller than 2GB, could you upload
> them to us via http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/upload/
> <http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/upload/> to help with the
> troubleshooting? Otherwise we can send you FTP details privately.
>

> Best,
>
> Sebastien

Melissa Linkert-2
Hi Aryeh,

Thank you for uploading the files.  I can reproduce the problem, and
we're working on a fix as noted here:

https://trello.com/c/VzvQbYBf/14-incorrect-handling-of-similarly-named-oir-files

Regards,
-Melissa