What does this duplicate keyword add an underscore error mean in Stack Interleave?

What does this duplicate keyword add an underscore error mean in Stack Interleave?

Cohen, Ethan D

ImageJ Macro error:

I seem to be getting a weird error with the stack interleave command.

I have a very large 400 image stack that holds a series of confocal images.
I make 2 substacks with this command, then bleach correct each resulting in the names below.

I have 2 stacks: DUP_Substack (73-90) and DUP_Substack (91-108)

run("Interleave","stack=[DUP_Substack (73-90)] stack=[DUP_Substack (91-108)]");

This appears to run, but it interleaves the first stack on itself (73-90), and I do not get the second stack (91-108) added.

Then I sometimes get this weird error if I try to Interleave the two DUP_Substacks in FIJI/ImageJ manually using Menu commands pointing at the two files...

Error:

"Duplicate Keyword.
Keyword: stack
Value: DUP_Substack (91-108)
Add an underscore to the corresponding label in the dialog to make the first work unique. "

Any idea what is wrong...a bug?

Ethan.

Ethan Cohen, Ph.D.
Div of Biomedical Physics, WO62 Rm 1204
Office of Science and Engineering Labs,
FDA Center for Devices and Radiological Health
White Oak Federal Res Ctr.
10903 New Hampshire Ave.
Silver Spring, MD 20993
Web: http://go.usa.gov/cegV3
Office: 301-796-2485
Lab:301-796-2762
Fax: 301-796-9927
Cell: 301-538-7544

[cid:image001.png@01D1C57E.DFA022A0]<http://www.fda.gov/>Excellent customer service is important to us. Please take a moment to provide feedback regarding the customer service you have received: https://www.research.net/s/cdrhcustomerservice?O=700&D=740&B=740&E=&S=E
"THIS MESSAGE FROM ETHAN COHEN IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE PARTY TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, AND PROTECTED FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER LAW. If you are not the addressee, or a person authorized to deliver the document to the addressee, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, dissemination, copying, or other action based on the content of this communication is not authorized. If you have received this document in error, please immediately notify the sender immediately by e-mail or phone."

image001.gif (1K) Download Attachment
image004.png (18K) Download Attachment

Re: What does this duplicate keyword add an underscore error mean in Stack Interleave?

ctrueden
Hi Ethan,

The duplicate keyword error indicates a bug in the plugin. I fixed it in
response to this thread [1].

I'll try to cut a new release of the Stack_Manipulation plugins and upload
it tomorrow.

Regards,
Curtis

[1]
https://github.com/fiji/Stack_Manipulation/commit/76114ac9d911b28e79aab03bce1d05c0339f2c3e

--
Curtis Rueden
LOCI software architect - https://loci.wisc.edu/software

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 9:02 PM, Cohen, Ethan D <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> ImageJ Macro error:
>
> I seem to be getting a weird error with the stack interleave command.
>
> I have a very large 400 image stack that holds a series of confocal images.
> I make 2 substacks with this command, then bleach correct each resulting
> in the names below.
>
> I have 2 stacks: DUP_Substack (73-90) and DUP_Substack (91-108)
>
> run("Interleave","stack=[DUP_Substack (73-90)] stack=[DUP_Substack
> (91-108)]");
>
> This appears to run, but it interleaves the first stack on itself (73-90),
> and I do not get the second stack (91-108) added.
>
> Then I sometimes get this weird error if I try to Interleave the two
> DUP_Substacks in FIJI/ImageJ manually using Menu commands pointing at the
> two files...
>
> Error:
>
> "Duplicate Keyword.
> Keyword: stack
> Value: DUP_Substack (91-108)
> Add an underscore to the corresponding label in the dialog to make the
> first work unique. "
>
> Any idea what is wrong...a bug?
>
> Ethan.
>

> Ethan Cohen, Ph.D.
> Div of Biomedical Physics, WO62 Rm 1204
> Office of Science and Engineering Labs,
> FDA Center for Devices and Radiological Health
> White Oak Federal Res Ctr.
> 10903 New Hampshire Ave.
> Silver Spring, MD 20993
> Web: http://go.usa.gov/cegV3
> Office: 301-796-2485
> Lab:301-796-2762
> Fax: 301-796-9927
> Cell: 301-538-7544
>
> [cid:image001.png@01D1C57E.DFA022A0]<http://www.fda.gov/>Excellent
> customer service is important to us. Please take a moment to provide
> feedback regarding the customer service you have received:
> https://www.research.net/s/cdrhcustomerservice?O=700&D=740&B=740&E=&S=E
> "THIS MESSAGE FROM ETHAN COHEN IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE PARTY
> TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED,
> CONFIDENTIAL, AND PROTECTED FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER LAW. If you are not the
> addressee, or a person authorized to deliver the document to the addressee,
> you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, dissemination,
> copying, or other action based on the content of this communication is not
> authorized. If you have received this document in error, please immediately
> notify the sender immediately by e-mail or phone."

Re: What does this duplicate keyword add an underscore error mean in Stack Interleave?

LIM Soon Yew John (IMB)
Hi Ethan,

I had encountered similar issue before. Please note space is not recognised when passing filename / string in some of the macro command. Please try to add an underscore to your filename. Example:  DUP_Substack_(73-90), DUP_Substack_(91-108)

Sometimes, I will use the macro function below to replace space with underscore.
new_filename = replace("DUP_Substack (73-90)", " ", "_");
print(new_filename);

Best Regards,
John

[...]

This e-mail and any attachments are only for the use of the intended recipient and may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or protected by the Official Secrets Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it or notify the sender immediately. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose or disclose the contents to any other person.