Segmentation of crack (urgent!!!)

kcl1g14
Hi everyone, I am doing a project about microcracking of concrete. But i have a problem that the crack and void share the same intensity, so how can i segment the cracks only rather than with the void together?

Here is one of the slices of my sample, the cracks can be seen in left and right hand side, which cracks are the long, black line.

Re: Segmentation of crack (urgent!!!)

Chris O'Connell
This post was updated on .
After segmentation, restrict particle analysis based on circularity.  Maybe try setting the upper limit at 0.2 or 0.3, that should get rid of the voids which are much rounder.

Re: Segmentation of crack (urgent!!!)

kcl1g14
Dear Chris,

Thanks so much for your reply, I do appreciate.

But do you mean I should do a thresholding segmentation first to get the cracks+ voids,then I use the plugin of particle analysis to eliminate the circular voids?

Thanks,
Jason

Re: Segmentation of crack (urgent!!!)

Chris O'Connell