Saving orthogonal views of a stack

Michael Elbaum
Hi.    I'm trying to save orthogonal views of a stack. I can open them with Ctrl-Shift-H and duplicate each panel individually, then convert image to stack with Title Contains: "-1". Strangely, when I close either the duplicates or the stack, the orthogonal views also close. When I reopen them the YZ and XZ positions are where they were, but the XY position returns to center. Both of these are inconvenient. Also my strategy allows for only one open stack at a time. It would be really nice to have a single command to convert the 3 views to a stack directly.
thanks,