Re: filling particle color selectively based on size

Re: filling particle color selectively based on size

Guy Stysis
Hey everyone!

I was exploring the BioVoxxel Toolbox, and wanted to create the Shape Descriptor Maps in Java form. Essentially, I am trying to selectively grey-scale color particles depending on their ferret diameter value, but I am running into some trouble:

For each particle in Blobs(25k), I am looping the following:

  1.   Use doWand(X,Y) to get particle selection
  2.  setForegroundcolor(value)
  3.  However, I am unable to properly use ip.fill() as it keeps giving me rectangular fill instead of just the particle interiors.

PS: in the GUI form of ImageJ, doing the above worked perfectly...

Thank you for your help!
Guy

Re: filling particle color selectively based on size

Michael Schmid-3
Hi Guy,

most ImageProcessor commands work on rectangular Rois.

You can either use the IJ.run method on the ImagePlus (which is the same
as when doing it via the GUI)
   IJ.run(imp, "Fill");
or make sure the ImageProcessor has a valid snapshot before filling and then
   ip.fill();
   ip.reset(ip.getMask());