Re: IMAGEJ Digest - 1 Feb 2018 to 2 Feb 2018 (#2018-35)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: IMAGEJ Digest - 1 Feb 2018 to 2 Feb 2018 (#2018-35)

Ronald Michaels
Hi -

Check this link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Row-_and_column-major_order

Matlab is based on Fortran.  Java is based on C.

Row major vs col major.

Fortran numbers from 1 to n.  C numbers from 0 to n-1.

Best wishes

Ron

--
Ronald Michaels, PhD
Technical Director
Phenotype Screening Corporation
865 235 5854

On 02/03/2018 12:00 AM, IMAGEJ automatic digest system wrote:

> There are 2 messages totaling 71 lines in this issue.
>
> Topics of the day:
>
>    1. Problem with ImageJ and Matlab image analysis (2)
>
> --
> ImageJ mailing list: http://imagej.nih.gov/ij/list.html
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Date:    Fri, 2 Feb 2018 18:27:53 -0500
> From:    Abdulelah Aldahlawi <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Problem with ImageJ and Matlab image analysis
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on my research and I require to do some gray value measurements
> for some of the images.
> I import the same images in ImageJ and Matlab and did the measurement for
> the exact same image with exact same coordinate (x, y, z) for a specific
> pixel but the reading in both of softwares were different. I tried it for a
> couple of points (pixels) in different coordinates but had the same issue.
>
> Can anyone explain why and help me fixing that problem?
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> ImageJ mailing list: http://imagej.nih.gov/ij/list.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Sat, 3 Feb 2018 00:42:02 +0000
> From:    Alex <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: Problem with ImageJ and Matlab image analysis
>
> Can you give an example of the values from both imageJ and MATLAB?  They may just be normalized differently.
> Alex
>
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
>
>
> On Friday, February 2, 2018, 3:38 PM, Abdulelah Aldahlawi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on my research and I require to do some gray value measurements
> for some of the images.
> I import the same images in ImageJ and Matlab and did the measurement for
> the exact same image with exact same coordinate (x, y, z) for a specific
> pixel but the reading in both of softwares were different. I tried it for a
> couple of points (pixels) in different coordinates but had the same issue.
>
> Can anyone explain why and help me fixing that problem?
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> ImageJ mailing list: http://imagej.nih.gov/ij/list.html
>
>
>
> --
> ImageJ mailing list: http://imagej.nih.gov/ij/list.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of IMAGEJ Digest - 1 Feb 2018 to 2 Feb 2018 (#2018-35)
> **********************************************************
>
>


--
ImageJ mailing list: http://imagej.nih.gov/ij/list.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: IMAGEJ Digest - 1 Feb 2018 to 2 Feb 2018 (#2018-35)

Kenneth Sloan-3
Not to mention possible confusion about where 0,0 is and what DIRECTIONS the axes run.

Cheer up - there are only 8 variations - but some are much more common than others.

Your best bet may be to use either Matlab or ImageJ to generate a small but distinctive image.

Then, read and display the image using both systems - compare.

The most extreme test you can do is to read the image into each system and write out the pixel coordinates and values in a report something like:

(0,0) = 12
(0,1) = 27.
...

Do this in each environment with a SMALL, but DISTINCTIVE image, and all will become clear.

--
Kenneth Sloan
[hidden email]
Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others.





> On 3 Feb 2018, at 18:04 , Ronald Michaels <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi -
>
> Check this link:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Row-_and_column-major_order
>
> Matlab is based on Fortran.  Java is based on C.
>
> Row major vs col major.
>
> Fortran numbers from 1 to n.  C numbers from 0 to n-1.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Ron
>
> --
> Ronald Michaels, PhD
> Technical Director
> Phenotype Screening Corporation
> 865 235 5854
>
> On 02/03/2018 12:00 AM, IMAGEJ automatic digest system wrote:
>> There are 2 messages totaling 71 lines in this issue.
>>
>> Topics of the day:
>>
>>   1. Problem with ImageJ and Matlab image analysis (2)
>>
>> --
>> ImageJ mailing list: http://imagej.nih.gov/ij/list.html
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Date:    Fri, 2 Feb 2018 18:27:53 -0500
>> From:    Abdulelah Aldahlawi <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Problem with ImageJ and Matlab image analysis
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm working on my research and I require to do some gray value measurements
>> for some of the images.
>> I import the same images in ImageJ and Matlab and did the measurement for
>> the exact same image with exact same coordinate (x, y, z) for a specific
>> pixel but the reading in both of softwares were different. I tried it for a
>> couple of points (pixels) in different coordinates but had the same issue.
>>
>> Can anyone explain why and help me fixing that problem?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> --
>> ImageJ mailing list: http://imagej.nih.gov/ij/list.html
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Date:    Sat, 3 Feb 2018 00:42:02 +0000
>> From:    Alex <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: Problem with ImageJ and Matlab image analysis
>>
>> Can you give an example of the values from both imageJ and MATLAB?  They may just be normalized differently.
>> Alex
>>
>>
>> Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
>>
>>
>> On Friday, February 2, 2018, 3:38 PM, Abdulelah Aldahlawi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm working on my research and I require to do some gray value measurements
>> for some of the images.
>> I import the same images in ImageJ and Matlab and did the measurement for
>> the exact same image with exact same coordinate (x, y, z) for a specific
>> pixel but the reading in both of softwares were different. I tried it for a
>> couple of points (pixels) in different coordinates but had the same issue.
>>
>> Can anyone explain why and help me fixing that problem?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> --
>> ImageJ mailing list: http://imagej.nih.gov/ij/list.html
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> ImageJ mailing list: http://imagej.nih.gov/ij/list.html
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> End of IMAGEJ Digest - 1 Feb 2018 to 2 Feb 2018 (#2018-35)
>> **********************************************************
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> ImageJ mailing list: http://imagej.nih.gov/ij/list.html

--
ImageJ mailing list: http://imagej.nih.gov/ij/list.html