Query Dicom Header

bateman
Hi,

Fairly new to imagej, I have made a plugin and I want to run another plugin from it. The plugin that I wish to run is "Query Dicom Header" which can be accessed here:

http://rsbweb.nih.gov/ij/plugins/query-header.html

If I run the Macro (using IJ.run) which is displayed on the bottom of the given webpage, a message appears stating that the "Image is locked".

However if I record a Macro by myself where I  open the plugin myself, and enter this macro into my plugin, the Query Dicom Header plugin runs.

Where am I going wrong?

I would like to use the first method mentioned such that the user does not have to enter the DICOM tag everytime if they want to see the same tag value.

Thanks for your time

Bateman

Re: Query Dicom Header

Rasband, Wayne (NIH/NIMH) [E]
On Apr 13, 2012, at 5:22 AM, bateman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Fairly new to imagej, I have made a plugin and I want to run another plugin
> from it. The plugin that I wish to run is "Query Dicom Header" which can be
> accessed here:
>
> http://rsbweb.nih.gov/ij/plugins/query-header.html
>
> If I run the Macro (using IJ.run) which is displayed on the bottom of the
> given webpage, a message appears stating that the "Image is locked".
>
> However if I record a Macro by myself where I  open the plugin myself, and
> enter this macro into my plugin, the Query Dicom Header plugin runs.
>
> Where am I going wrong?
>
> I would like to use the first method mentioned such that the user does not
> have to enter the DICOM tag everytime if they want to see the same tag
> value.

You do not need to use the "Query Dicom Header" plugin. Instead, call the DicomTools.getTag() method. Here is a JavaScript example:

  imp = IJ.openImage("http://imagej.nih.gov/ij/images/ct.dcm.zip");
  studyDescription = DicomTools.getTag(imp, "0008,1030");
  imagePosition = DicomTools.getTag(imp, "0020,0032");
  pixelSpacing = DicomTools.getTag(imp, "0028,0030");
  print("Study Description: "+ studyDescription);
  print("Image Position: "+imagePosition);
  print("Pixel Spacing: "+ pixelSpacing);

In a macro, use the getInfo() function:

  open("http://imagej.nih.gov/ij/images/ct.dcm.zip");
  studyDescription = getInfo("0008,1030");
  imagePosition = getInfo("0020,0032");
  pixelSpacing = getInfo("0028,0030");
  print("Study Description: "+ studyDescription);
  print("Image Position: "+imagePosition);
  print("Pixel Spacing: "+ pixelSpacing);

-wayne