Put a point in all slices?

Gabriel Landini
Hi,
I think that in the past (not sure when), if I defined interactively a point
or ROI, it would appear in all slices of a stack.
I want to have  a reference point (always in the same place) when going
through a stack, but I cannot make that work now: the point selection
disappears when I move to the next slice (and reappears when I go back to the
original slice). All the other selections (freehand, line, etc) remain when I
move to the next slice.

Am I missing some option hidden somewhere or is it been always like this or is
this a bug?

I am running 152h6 under linux.

Many thanks

Gabriel

Re: Put a point in all slices?

Herbie
Good day Gabriel,

works here on all slices!

macOS and ImageJ v1.52g

Best

Herbie

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Gabriel Landini wrote

> Hi,
> I think that in the past (not sure when), if I defined interactively a
> point
> or ROI, it would appear in all slices of a stack.
> I want to have  a reference point (always in the same place) when going
> through a stack, but I cannot make that work now: the point selection
> disappears when I move to the next slice (and reappears when I go back to
> the
> original slice). All the other selections (freehand, line, etc) remain
> when I
> move to the next slice.
>
> Am I missing some option hidden somewhere or is it been always like this
> or is
> this a bug?
>
> I am running 152h6 under linux.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Gabriel

Sent from: http://imagej.1557.x6.nabble.com/

Re: Put a point in all slices?

Marcel.
Hello Gabriel,

reproducing this on Windows I found out if you go to the "Multi point tool"
options (context menu "Point tool" - icon double-click) and select "Show
All" and then switch back to the (single) "Point tool" then the point stays
visible in all slices. So this is a bit inconsistent.

The option "Show All" should also be visible in the Single Point tool.

On Monday, 24 September 2018 13:12:48 BST [hidden email] wrote:
> reproducing this on Windows I found out if you go to the "Multi point tool"
> options (context menu "Point tool" - icon double-click) and select "Show
> All" and then switch back to the (single) "Point tool" then the point stays
> visible in all slices. So this is a bit inconsistent.

Thanks Marcel and Herbie.
That is it! Many thanks. It was driving me nuts :-)

> The option "Show All" should also be visible in the Single Point tool.
Yes, I agree.

Thanks again,

Gabriel

Re: Put a point in all slices?

Wayne Rasband-2
> On Sep 24, 2018, at 8:12 AM, Marcel. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Gabriel,
>
> reproducing this on Windows I found out if you go to the "Multi point tool"
> options (context menu "Point tool" - icon double-click) and select "Show
> All" and then switch back to the (single) "Point tool" then the point stays
> visible in all slices. So this is a bit inconsistent.
>
> The option "Show All" should also be visible in the Single Point tool.

In the latest ImageJ daily build (1.52h8), the “Show all” option, renamed “Show on all slices”, is visible in the single point tool options dialog.

-wayne