Perspective correction

Mason Reed
Anyone know of a plugin which allows for "correcting" the perspective of a
rectangular objects picture when taken from an off-normal angle? I would
like to transform the picture such that the rectangle appears as if the
camera were normal to and directly centered over the rectangular object.

I work with solar panels and take Electroluminescence images to quantify
internal damage to the solar cells. I am never able to position the imaging
equipment ideally because of restriction in the field, however, I would
love to be able to correct images to a uniform rectangle before presenting
to customers.

I have seen simple apps, such as Camscanner in Android Play, in which
photographs of documents are quickly transformed to appear as if the camera
was perfectly "front and center" of the document before converting the
image to a PDF. The user can place guidelines around the edges of the
document and the pixels are transformed such that the guidelines form a
rectangle.  I would like to do something similar to my images of a solar
panels.

Thank You and Best Regards,
Mason

Re: Perspective correction

Jan Eglinger
Hi Mason,

try the Interactive Perspective plugin by Stephan Saalfeld:
   http://fiji.sc/Interactive_Perspective

It's included in Fiji, run it via
    'Plugins > Transform > Interactive Perspective'

Hth,
Jan

On 11.05.15 18:14, Mason Reed wrote:

> Anyone know of a plugin which allows for "correcting" the perspective of a
> rectangular objects picture when taken from an off-normal angle? I would
> like to transform the picture such that the rectangle appears as if the
> camera were normal to and directly centered over the rectangular object.
>
> I work with solar panels and take Electroluminescence images to quantify
> internal damage to the solar cells. I am never able to position the imaging
> equipment ideally because of restriction in the field, however, I would
> love to be able to correct images to a uniform rectangle before presenting
> to customers.
>
> I have seen simple apps, such as Camscanner in Android Play, in which
> photographs of documents are quickly transformed to appear as if the camera
> was perfectly "front and center" of the document before converting the
> image to a PDF. The user can place guidelines around the edges of the
> document and the pixels are transformed such that the guidelines form a
> rectangle.  I would like to do something similar to my images of a solar
> panels.
>
> Thank You and Best Regards,
> Mason

Re: Perspective correction

Saalfeld, Stephan
Hi Mason,

interactive version:

http://fiji.sc/Interactive_Perspective

Plugins > Transform > Interactive Perspective

or you mark the edges or other reference points in the source image and
a reference image (that could be a grid) as point landmarks and then
use:

http://fiji.sc/Landmark_Correspondences

to perspectively transform the source into the reference.  I believe
that this would be a nice and reproducible workflow because you can save
the landmarks using the ROI manager.

Best,
Stephan

On Mon, 2015-05-11 at 12:14 -0400, Mason Reed wrote:

> Anyone know of a plugin which allows for "correcting" the perspective of a
> rectangular objects picture when taken from an off-normal angle? I would
> like to transform the picture such that the rectangle appears as if the
> camera were normal to and directly centered over the rectangular object.
>
> I work with solar panels and take Electroluminescence images to quantify
> internal damage to the solar cells. I am never able to position the imaging
> equipment ideally because of restriction in the field, however, I would
> love to be able to correct images to a uniform rectangle before presenting
> to customers.
>
> I have seen simple apps, such as Camscanner in Android Play, in which
> photographs of documents are quickly transformed to appear as if the camera
> was perfectly "front and center" of the document before converting the
> image to a PDF. The user can place guidelines around the edges of the
> document and the pixels are transformed such that the guidelines form a
> rectangle.  I would like to do something similar to my images of a solar
> panels.
>
> Thank You and Best Regards,
> Mason

Re: Perspective correction

stef
Hye,

I have some troubles with installing the plugin: interactive perspective in
imageJ,
I have imported the javascript and saved it into the plugin folder on my pc
but when I try to run the plugin I always get the same errors: "file is not
in a supported format, a reader plugin is not available or was not found"

can someone help me?

regards

stef

<http://imagej.1557.x6.nabble.com/file/t381959/Naamloos.png>

--
Sent from: http://imagej.1557.x6.nabble.com/

Re: Perspective correction

Saalfeld, Stephan
Please download Fiji from https://fiji.sc/#download which includes this
plugin.  The plugin is part of the mpicbg package

https://github.com/axtimwalde/mpicbg

and is not a standalone class.  Alternatively, you can build the source
code and copy the resulting jar files into ImageJ's plugin directory.

Best,
Stephan

On Thu, 2018-04-05 at 07:54 -0700, stef wrote:

> Hye,
>
> I have some troubles with installing the plugin: interactive
> perspective in
> imageJ,
> I have imported the javascript and saved it into the plugin folder on
> my pc
> but when I try to run the plugin I always get the same errors: "file
> is not
> in a supported format, a reader plugin is not available or was not
> found"
>
> can someone help me?
>
> regards
>
> stef