Opening ND2 files on Mac(s) running Yosemite and Sierra

Opening ND2 files on Mac(s) running Yosemite and Sierra

Kristi Rothermund
I could previously open ND2 files with ImageJ but I have been getting error message of plugin not found, etc.  I tried downloading the Nikon plugin but indications are it is for Windows only, no go.  I tried to download the ImageJ-ND Viewer plugin.ms1 file but the system will not open the installation file indicating it needs to be .jar, etc..  I was also previously able to run a copy of ImageJ from a thumb drive copied from my work desktop Dell computer but that is a no go any longer as well.
Running the most recent Java.  Took care of the path randomization downloading , updating, ImageJ.  Any hints?

Re: Opening ND2 files on Mac(s) running Yosemite and Sierra

Aryeh Weiss
On 10/06/2018 15:24, Kristi Rothermund wrote:
> I could previously open ND2 files with ImageJ but I have been getting error message of plugin not found, etc.  I tried downloading the Nikon plugin but indications are it is for Windows only, no go.  I tried to download the ImageJ-ND Viewer plugin.ms1 file but the system will not open the installation file indicating it needs to be .jar, etc..  I was also previously able to run a copy of ImageJ from a thumb drive copied from my work desktop Dell computer but that is a no go any longer as well.
> Running the most recent Java.  Took care of the path randomization downloading , updating, ImageJ.  Any hints?

Have you tried Bioformats?
https://docs.openmicroscopy.org/bio-formats/5.8.2/users/imagej/

If you download the Fiji implementation of ImageJ, you will have
Bioformats automatically, and you should be able to drag and drop ND2
files into Fiji.

--aryeh

--
Aryeh Weiss