Nikon Nd2 Reader

Houssin, Nathalie Samantha Laetitia
Hello all,

I have tried to download the plugin for windows to open Nikon images with Image J/FIJI using this links from this page :
https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/plugins/nd2-reader.html
Unfortunately, this opens a webpage full of characters and nothing else.
Is there another way to get this plugin ?
Thank you for your time and help,

Nathalie

Nathalie HOUSSIN

Plageman's Lab
Fry Hall room 350
338 W 10th avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43210
Tel: 614-292-0636

Re: Nikon Nd2 Reader

Michael Schmid-3
Hi Nathalie,

the ND2 Reader web page works well for me. I'll paste the contents &
links below.

Author:
        Shigeo Kiriyama (skiriyama at nikon.net)
        Nikon Instruments Inc

History:
        2007/11/27: First version
        2012/02/25: Supports 64-bit Windows and NIS-Elements v4.0 ND2 files
        2012/06/26: Fixed a bug (ND2 files which pathnames contain multi-byte
characters such as Japanese failed to load); installer installs msvc2008
redistributable automatically.
        2014/05/04: 64-bit installer defaults to Program Files directory
Limitations:
        Windows only

Source:
        The Java source for the plugin is in ND_Viewer.jar. Source for the
native DLLs is not provided.

Installation:
        Download and run either the 32-bit installer
(https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/plugins/download/jars/ImageJ-ND-Viewer-Plugin-32bit.msi)
or the 64-bit installer
(https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/plugins/download/jars/ImageJ-ND-Viewer-Plugin-64bit.msi).

        This plugin, which is based on Joachim Walter's Image5D plugin, opens
Nikon ND2 files, views them in six dimensions and exports the data to
TIFFs or creates an AVI of any dimension. A PDF document is included
with the plugin. https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/plugins/docs/ND2Reader.pdf

See Also:
        Bio-Formats plugin, which opens some first version ND2 files, and it
runs on Mac, Linux and Windows. Note that the current version of the
Bio-Formats plugin is not endorsed by Nikon and may not correctly
display some metadata.
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/products/bio-formats

On 06/04/2018 23:36, Houssin, Nathalie Samantha Laetitia wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have tried to download the plugin for windows to open Nikon images with Image J/FIJI using this links from this page :
> https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/plugins/nd2-reader.html
> Unfortunately, this opens a webpage full of characters and nothing else.
> Is there another way to get this plugin ?
> Thank you for your time and help,
>
> Nathalie
>
> Nathalie HOUSSIN
>
> Plageman's Lab
> Fry Hall room 350
> 338 W 10th avenue
> Columbus, Ohio 43210
> Tel: 614-292-0636

Re: Nikon Nd2 Reader

Houssin, Nathalie Samantha Laetitia
Thank you Michael,

I believe I have an issue with opening the .msi files
I succeeded in having the same web page as you but, when I click on either of the installers (32 or 64 ), it opens a page full of characters instead of downloading the package of files.

Best,

Nathalie

the ND2 Reader web page works well for me. I'll paste the contents & links below.

Author:
        Shigeo Kiriyama (skiriyama at nikon.net)
        Nikon Instruments Inc

History:
        2007/11/27: First version
        2012/02/25: Supports 64-bit Windows and NIS-Elements v4.0 ND2 files
        2012/06/26: Fixed a bug (ND2 files which pathnames contain multi-byte characters such as Japanese failed to load); installer installs msvc2008 redistributable automatically.
        2014/05/04: 64-bit installer defaults to Program Files directory
Limitations:
        Windows only

Source:
        The Java source for the plugin is in ND_Viewer.jar. Source for the native DLLs is not provided.

Installation:
        Download and run either the 32-bit installer
(https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/plugins/download/jars/ImageJ-ND-Viewer-Plugin-32bit.msi)
or the 64-bit installer
(https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/plugins/download/jars/ImageJ-ND-Viewer-Plugin-64bit.msi).

        This plugin, which is based on Joachim Walter's Image5D plugin, opens Nikon ND2 files, views them in six dimensions and exports the data to TIFFs or creates an AVI of any dimension. A PDF document is included with the plugin. https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/plugins/docs/ND2Reader.pdf

See Also:
        Bio-Formats plugin, which opens some first version ND2 files, and it runs on Mac, Linux and Windows. Note that the current version of the Bio-Formats plugin is not endorsed by Nikon and may not correctly display some metadata.
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/products/bio-formats

On 06/04/2018 23:36, Houssin, Nathalie Samantha Laetitia wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have tried to download the plugin for windows to open Nikon images with Image J/FIJI using this links from this page :
> https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/plugins/nd2-reader.html
> Unfortunately, this opens a webpage full of characters and nothing else.
> Is there another way to get this plugin ?
> Thank you for your time and help,
>
> Nathalie
>
> Nathalie HOUSSIN
>
> Plageman's Lab
> Fry Hall room 350
> 338 W 10th avenue
> Columbus, Ohio 43210
> Tel: 614-292-0636

Re: Nikon Nd2 Reader

Michael Schmid-3
Hi Nathalie,

ok, I misunderstood it; I thought you can't see the web page.

I have no problem downloading the .msi files with Firefox.
Looks like a problem with your web browser; maybe it is very old?
Try installing a recent browser (e.g. Firefox) or downloading with a
different computer.

On 09/04/2018 15:19, Houssin, Nathalie Samantha Laetitia wrote:

> Thank you Michael,
>
> I believe I have an issue with opening the .msi files
> I succeeded in having the same web page as you but, when I click on either of the installers (32 or 64 ), it opens a page full of characters instead of downloading the package of files.
>
> Best,
>
> Nathalie

Re: Nikon Nd2 Reader

ctrueden
Hi Nathalie,

Did you try Bio-Formats (https://imagej.net/Bio-Formats)? A lot of effort
has gone into making ND2 work well. (The web page you linked says "Note
that the current version of the Bio-Formats plugin is not endorsed by Nikon
and may not correctly display some metadata." but that statement is from
many years ago.)

Regards,
Curtis

--
Curtis Rueden
LOCI software architect - https://loci.wisc.edu/software

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 4:36 PM, Houssin, Nathalie Samantha Laetitia <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have tried to download the plugin for windows to open Nikon images with
> Image J/FIJI using this links from this page :
> https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/plugins/nd2-reader.html
> Unfortunately, this opens a webpage full of characters and nothing else.
> Is there another way to get this plugin ?
> Thank you for your time and help,
>
> Nathalie
>
> Nathalie HOUSSIN
>
> Plageman's Lab
> Fry Hall room 350
> 338 W 10th avenue
> Columbus, Ohio 43210
> Tel: 614-292-0636

Re: Nikon Nd2 Reader

Houssin, Nathalie Samantha Laetitia
Thank you Michael,

Switching for Firefox has worked : always think simple,

Best,

Nathalie

ok, I misunderstood it; I thought you can't see the web page.

I have no problem downloading the .msi files with Firefox.
Looks like a problem with your web browser; maybe it is very old?
Try installing a recent browser (e.g. Firefox) or downloading with a different computer.

On 09/04/2018 15:19, Houssin, Nathalie Samantha Laetitia wrote:

> Thank you Michael,
>
> I believe I have an issue with opening the .msi files
> I succeeded in having the same web page as you but, when I click on either of the installers (32 or 64 ), it opens a page full of characters instead of downloading the package of files.
>
> Best,
>
> Nathalie

Re: Nikon Nd2 Reader

Houssin, Nathalie Samantha Laetitia
Hi Curtis,

I noticed this Bio-Formats plugin but and I will give it a try to see if it is able to open my files as well as the proprietary software,

Thank you,

Nathalie

Did you try Bio-Formats (https://imagej.net/Bio-Formats)? A lot of effort has gone into making ND2 work well. (The web page you linked says "Note that the current version of the Bio-Formats plugin is not endorsed by Nikon and may not correctly display some metadata." but that statement is from many years ago.)

Regards,
Curtis