Quantcast

ImageJ 2.0.0-alpha5 maven repo?

Tommy Chheng
I see that ImageJ 2.0.0-alpha5 is downloadable via
http://imagejdev.org/downloads but is there a maven repo i can use to
access it?

@tommychheng
http://tommy.chheng.com

Re: ImageJ 2.0.0-alpha5 maven repo?

Curtis Rueden
Hi Tommy,

I see that ImageJ 2.0.0-alpha5 is downloadable via
> http://imagejdev.org/downloads but is there a maven repo i can use to
> access it?

Yes, we deploy all build artifacts to our Maven repository, accessible from:

http://dev.imagejdev.org/maven2/

We are using Nexus to manage deployment, which is running on port 8081:

http://dev.imagejdev.org:8081/index.html#welcome

But I set up the "/maven2" alias on port 80 for folks who have trouble with
nonstandard ports.

You will find ImageJ2 artifacts available under snapshots, using:

<groupId>net.imagej</groupId>
<version>2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

The artifactId values all start with "ij-".

You can also find ImgLib2 artifacts using:

<groupId>net.imglib2</groupId>
<version>2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

If you provide more details on how you want to use IJ2, I can elaborate
further on which dependencies are most appropriate for you.

For the alphas, we did not deploy release artifacts, but will do so for the
betas later this year.

Lastly, please note that the IJ2 project structure is still subject to
change until the final 2.0.0 release.

Regards,
Curtis

Re: ImageJ 2.0.0-alpha5 maven repo?

Tommy Chheng
Hi,
My use cases are simple, just determining the width/height and resizing:
    val imp = IJ.openImage(url)
    (imp.getWidth, imp.getHeight)
    var ip = imp.getProcessor
    ij.Prefs.setTransparentIndex(255)
    ip = ip.convertToRGB
    ip.setInterpolationMethod(ImageProcessor.NONE)
    ip = ip.resize(width, height, true)
    ip.getBufferedImage

I suppose i would use the legacy api jar so i can test the 2.0 first
before changing any app code. What else would I need?

Thanks

@tommychheng
http://tommy.chheng.com

Re: ImageJ 2.0.0-alpha5 maven repo?

Curtis Rueden
Hi Tommy,

I suppose i would use the legacy api jar so i can test the 2.0 first
> before changing any app code. What else would I need?

Yes, for the sample code you listed, I would just add a dependency to the
latest IJ1 artifact (which we also publish):

<dependency>
  <groupId>net.imagej</groupId>
  <artifactId>ij</artifactId>
  <version>1.45s</version>
</dependency>

Or you can use a version range to always use the latest release of IJ1:

<dependency>
   <groupId>net.imagej</groupId>
  <artifactId>ij</artifactId>
   <version>[1.45s,)</version>
</dependency>

You'll find it in the thirdparty repository as follows:

<repositories>
  <!-- NB: for imagej -->
  <repository>
    <id>imagej.thirdparty</id>
    <url>http://dev.imagejdev.org/maven2/thirdparty</url>
  </repository>
</repositories>

Note that we recently changed the groupId from "imagej" to "net.imagej" to
better conform to Maven convention. For now, if you want to use an older
version of IJ1, you'll need to change the groupId to imagej. But we plan to
migrate all the old versions to the new group namespace soon.

Regarding use of IJ2, we are still stabilizing the API, so you may want to
wait before updating your code.

HTH,
Curtis