Quantcast

How to SET a point as the new ZERO AXIS POINT?

How to SET a point as the new ZERO AXIS POINT?

SUBSCRIBE IMAGEJ marco dilel
How to SET a point as the new ZERO AXIS POINT?
Even if i can set just the x axis to zero on the point i need to be the zero axis is good.
please let me know.
I need to calculate the distance of a skull on the left and on the right of his middle skeletal axis that in this case become the new X/Y Zero Axis.

Re: How to SET a point as the new ZERO AXIS POINT?

Michael Schmid-3
Hi,

you can set the origin in Image>Properties (last line of the dialog box;
give the x and y raw pixels where you want to have the coordinates
displayed as zero)

On Sat, March 24, 2012 08:57, SUBSCRIBE IMAGEJ marco dilel wrote:
> How to SET a point as the new ZERO AXIS POINT?
> Even if i can set just the x axis to zero on the point i need to be the
> zero axis is good.
> please let me know.
> I need to calculate the distance of a skull on the left and on the right
> of his middle skeletal axis that in this case become the new X/Y Zero
> Axis.

Re: How to SET a point as the new ZERO AXIS POINT?

SUBSCRIBE IMAGEJ marco dilel
thanks.
is there a way to make a macro with a button that on the point that i draw on the image it set automatically the new ZERO AXIS on this point.
or maybe can someone point me to the command in a macro that set the origin of the cordinates ...
i dont know .... like
on point
set XYorigin(234,123)

Re: How to SET a point as the new ZERO AXIS POINT?

SUBSCRIBE IMAGEJ marco dilel
this is an examples that set a starting point as the ZERO point for the measurement of the distance of the next point drawen.
what does not appeal to my need is that this macro on every next point you draw set the same as the new ZERO point to start with.
i just need that only the first  Click Point Drawen after activating the macro is set as the ZERO Axis and then release the macro.
anyone can help me??

Re: How to SET a point as the new ZERO AXIS POINT?

SUBSCRIBE IMAGEJ marco dilel
how to put xraw and yraw as the two value in this line?

run("Properties...",  "origin="+xraw,+yraw); (this does not work at all
instead this
run("Properties...",  "origin=0,"+yraw);
just set the Yraw
please can someone give the right command for setting the two variabile in the right way

Re: How to SET a point as the new ZERO AXIS POINT?

Gabriel Landini
On Sunday 25 Mar 2012 11:09:55 you wrote:
> how to put xraw and yraw as the two value in this line?
>
> run("Properties...",  "origin="+xraw,+yraw); (this does not work at all

The best thing is to use the macro recorder when you do not know how to pass
parameters.
Plugins>Macros>Record...

run("Properties...", "origin=0,0");

I guess that building the string with a comma should work (but I did not try
it):

run("Properties...", "origin="+ xraw+","+yraw);

Cheers
Gabriel

Re: How to SET a point as the new ZERO AXIS POINT?

SUBSCRIBE IMAGEJ marco dilel
Thanks to Gabriel and Waybe

this  macro did the job.
---------------
macro "Set Origin Tool - C00fL808fL08f8" {;
    getCursorLoc(x, y, z, flags);
    run("Properties...", "origin="+ x+","+y);
    showStatus("Origin set to "+x+","+y);
  }
--------------------------
there is only one problem
after i set the new zero point with the macro i use to put some Point on the image and save all on the ROImanager.

the problem is that

 ,the point is memorized with the measure of the distance from the new zero point, but when check the Show all checkbox the Point with the label are draw like the ZERO point is always the upper/left corner of the image.

in short is like the ROImanager does not follow the new ZERO point when it come to edit and show point on image.

any thought about that?

On Mar 25, 2012, at 4:25 AM, SUBSCRIBE IMAGEJ marco dilel wrote:

> thanks.
> is there a way to make a macro with a button that on the point that i draw on the image it set automatically the new ZERO AXIS on this point.
> or maybe can someone point me to the command in a macro that set the origin of the cordinates ...
> i dont know .... like
> on point
> set XYorigin(234,123)

Here is a macro tool set sets the origin to the location you click at.

-wayne