Fiji OS X Mojave installation

kmiddleton
I'm running OS X 10.14.2, and I am receiving the "To open Fiji you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime" message each time I start. I installed Fiji using the bundled version from https://imagej.net/Fiji/Downloads. Separately, I also tried installing the Java 8 runtime and the nojre version (which gave the same result).

Strangely, a different machine, also running Mojave, worked fine.

Are there suggestions for troubleshooting this problem?

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: Fiji OS X Mojave installation

Wayne Rasband-2
> On Feb 11, 2019, at 10:18 AM, Kevin Middleton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm running OS X 10.14.2, and I am receiving the "To open Fiji you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime" message each time I start. I installed Fiji using the bundled version from https://imagej.net/Fiji/Downloads. Separately, I also tried installing the Java 8 runtime and the nojre version (which gave the same result).
>
> Strangely, a different machine, also running Mojave, worked fine.
>
> Are there suggestions for troubleshooting this problem?

I suspect you are running into the dreaded macOS Path Randomization problem.

    https://weblog.rogueamoeba.com/2016/06/29/sierra-and-gatekeeper-path-randomization/

Path Randomization is in effect if “ImageJ home:” starts with "/private/var/folders/“ in the “Info” window opened by typing “i” (Image>Show Info) with no images open. The work around for this problem is to drag Fiji.app to another folder and (optionally) to drag it back.

-wayne

Re: Fiji OS X Mojave installation

kmiddleton
Indeed moving the .app out of Applications and back in seems to have fixed
it. Thanks for your help.

--
Sent from: http://imagej.1557.x6.nabble.com/