Count the number of red pixels (or area)

Count the number of red pixels (or area)

j.cardeira
Dear all,

I'm new at Image J, so I'm sorry if this topic was discussed previously.
I have a problem which some of you might be able to help me with.

How can I easily count the number of red pixels within a selected ROI in a picture?
I will explain. I have simple pictures with red-pink-purplish areas against a whitish background (the contrast is huge). So I just want to select a ROI in each picture and ask Image J for the number of red pixels in that area against the total number of pixels. I suppose this is an easy task, but I'm not too familiar with Image J.

Thank you all,
João Cardeira da Silva

Re: Count the number of red pixels (or area)

Sam Lloyd
select an area and press [M]. make sure under results>set measurements you have area ticked. This will give you a percentage of the area which is one colour.