Convert tif file to lif file

marykef
Hi,

I would like to ask how to convert a tif file to a lif file?

Thank you in advance

--
Sent from: http://imagej.1557.x6.nabble.com/

Re: Convert tif file to lif file

Curtis Rueden-2
Hi,

> I would like to ask how to convert a tif file to a lif file?

To my knowledge, no one has coded a Leica LIF writer for ImageJ. Leica LIF
is a proprietary image file format (PFF), which can be read by the
Bio-Formats library. The development philosophy though is to support only
reading, not writing, of PFFs, in favor of writing to open file formats
such as ICS and OME-TIFF, to encourage interoperability of data via open
standards.

In general, to convert between formats, you can use the bfconvert command
line tool:

https://docs.openmicroscopy.org/bio-formats/5.7.3/users/comlinetools/conversion.html

Or one of ImageJ's export plugins; see:
* https://imagej.net/Category:Import-Export