Another request for the Plot class

CARL Philippe (LBP)
Dear all (probably mostly Michael),
I would have another request for the use of the Plot class and namely I would need to force some axis numbers to be written in scientific notation (i.e. 3E3 instead of 3000).
I saw that this a change is automatic in the case the numbers become too big, but is there a way to force this in any given case (FYI I would such feature within a Java plugin).
I thank you very much in advance for your lights on this.
My best regards and take care!
Philippe

Philippe CARL
Laboratoire de Bioimagerie et Pathologies
UMR 7021 CNRS - Université de Strasbourg
Faculté de Pharmacie
74 route du Rhin
67401 ILLKIRCH
Tel : +33(0)3 68 85 42 89