Analyze particles

Benito Alarcón
Hello, please, I would like to know if  there is any pluging or option
to analyze particles and get as result, a mask with the value of the
area on each particle. In the menu: Analyze; Analyze Particles, what we
get is a mask with the number of the particle and a list of results. It
would be very useful for us if we could get the value of the area instead.

thanks in advance

b.

Re: Analyze particles

Herbie
Good day Benito Alarcón,

perhaps this demo-macro may help you further:

//////////////////// start
run("Set Measurements...", "area limit redirect=None decimal=2");
run("Blobs (25K)");
setAutoThreshold("Default");
run("Analyze Particles...", "size=50-Infinity show=Nothing display
exclude clear add");
roiManager("UseNames", "true");
for ( i=0; i < nResults; i++ ) {
        a = getResultString("Area", i );
        roiManager("select", i);
        roiManager("rename", ""+a);
}
exit();
//////////////////// end

Paste the above macro code to an empty macro window (Plugins >> New >>
Macro) and run it. (You need an open internet connection to load the
demo image.)

Regards

Herbie

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Am 03.01.18 um 13:24 schrieb Benito Alarcón:
> Hello, please, I would like to know if  there is any pluging or option
> to analyze particles and get as result, a mask with the value of the
> area on each particle. In the menu: Analyze; Analyze Particles, what we
> get is a mask with the number of the particle and a list of results. It
> would be very useful for us if we could get the value of the area instead.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> b.

Re: Analyze particles

HAMZAH MARWAN BEAKAWI
Hallo,

If you set and calibrated your scale in your desired units. Then you can head to “Set Measurements” in the same menu, there you can select what you want to obtain as a result for your particles (e.g. area, perimeter, shape descriptors, etc.). Then when you run the particle analyzer, you’ll get what you have selected. Hopefully this might help you.

Regards,
Hamzah M. B. Al-Hashemi