Addition of the enableYesNoCancel method within the macro functions

Addition of the enableYesNoCancel method within the macro functions

Philippe CARL
Dear Wayne (I apologize in the case I should rather contact you in direct
for such a request)

Would it please be possible to add the following method:

Void enableYesNoCancel(java.lang.String yesLabel, java.lang.String noLabel)

Make this a "Yes No Cancel" dialog with custom labels.

as well within the macro functions?

I thank you very much in advance if it is possible.

My best regards,

Philippe

Philippe CARL

Laboratoire de Bioimagerie et Pathologies

UMR 7021 CNRS - Université de Strasbourg

Faculté de Pharmacie

74 route du Rhin

67401 ILLKIRCH

Tel : +33(0)3 68 85 41 84

Re: Addition of the enableYesNoCancel method within the macro functions

Michael Schmid-3
Hi Philippe,

maybe I have misunderstood something, but in Java, this method is
already present:

https://github.com/imagej/imagej1/blob/master/ij/gui/GenericDialog.java#L818

A macro equivalent could be useful, I agree.

On 27/06/2018 10:58, Philippe CARL wrote:

> Dear Wayne (I apologize in the case I should rather contact you in direct
> for such a request)
>
> Would it please be possible to add the following method:
>
> Void enableYesNoCancel(java.lang.String yesLabel, java.lang.String noLabel)
>
> Make this a "Yes No Cancel" dialog with custom labels.
>
> as well within the macro functions?
>
> I thank you very much in advance if it is possible.
>
> My best regards,
>
> Philippe
>

> Philippe CARL

Re: Addition of the enableYesNoCancel method within the macro functions

Philippe CARL
Hi Michael,
Yes yes, the Java method exists already (actually my description of the method was simply copied from the following link:
https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/developer/api/ij/gui/GenericDialog.html
Thus I just asked whether it would be possible to add a handle of this method within the package ij.macro.Functions.java file.
Of course I can live without such an addition (and it is from very far not high priority) but it would be cool!!!
Also as I have you on the line, do you know whether Wayne prefers a posting on the list for such a request or rather a private e-mailing?
Have a nice sunny day!!!
Philippe

maybe I have misunderstood something, but in Java, this method is
already present:

https://github.com/imagej/imagej1/blob/master/ij/gui/GenericDialog.java#L818

A macro equivalent could be useful, I agree.

On 27/06/2018 10:58, Philippe CARL wrote:

> Dear Wayne (I apologize in the case I should rather contact you in direct
> for such a request)
>
> Would it please be possible to add the following method:
>
> Void enableYesNoCancel(java.lang.String yesLabel, java.lang.String noLabel)
>
> Make this a "Yes No Cancel" dialog with custom labels.
>
> as well within the macro functions?
>
> I thank you very much in advance if it is possible.
>
> My best regards,
>
> Philippe
>

> Philippe CARL

Re: Addition of the enableYesNoCancel method within the macro functions

Wayne Rasband-2
> On Jun 27, 2018, at 4:58 AM, Philippe CARL <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Wayne (I apologize in the case I should rather contact you in direct
> for such a request)
>
> Would it please be possible to add the following method:
>
> Void enableYesNoCancel(java.lang.String yesLabel, java.lang.String noLabel)
>
> Make this a "Yes No Cancel" dialog with custom labels.
>
> as well within the macro functions?

You can use the getBoolean(message, yesLabel, noLabel) macro function. Here is an example:

   if (getBoolean("Save changes?", "Save", "Don't Save"))
      IJ. log("User clicked \"Save\"");
   else
      IJ. log("User clicked \"Don't Save\"”);

The mailing list and the forum are both good places to request features and report bugs.

-wayne

Re: Addition of the enableYesNoCancel method within the macro functions

Philippe CARL
Dear Wayne,
Thanks a lot for your answer and your "getBoolean" is indeed giving an answer for the small code I had!
But this function can't be combined within Dialog commands.
So in such a case you would recommend to directly move over to java coding?
My best regards,
Philippe